Tuesday 24 June 2008

Sean Combs - Diddy Denies Name Change And Tells Kids To Vote


Hip-hop superstar SEAN COMBS is still just DIDDY, despite claiming in a rap cameo that he has changed his name back to PUFF DADDY.

The star, whose aliases have also included P Diddy, Sean Combs and Sean John, sent the music media into a spin when he announced he was returning to his original moniker during a spot on O'Neal MCKnight's new single Check Your Coat.

He raps, "They call me Puff Daddy... He's back. Yeah you heard me right - I said Puff Daddy."

But the star insists he's still known as Diddy, and is so keen to quash speculation, he has posted a video online insisting his name is the same.

He says, "Your boy has not changed his name. I did not change my name. But if I did, I have the right to call myself anything I want."

He also asks the media to stop speculating about his name, and start encouraging people to vote in the forthcoming U.S. presidential election.

Combs continues, "I want to stress and ask people in power; the bloggers and the outlets, let's utilise our time for something more important, than if I'm changing my name.

"There are millions of Americans who aren't registered to vote. Let's get these guys to vote on my birthday, November 4th. That's my birthday present from you guys."





See Also